Call for Submissions: NC Poetry on the Bus
Raleigh Review is accepting submissions for the third year of its NC Poetry on the Bus program, which places poems by NC poets on the Raleigh R-Line buses during April for National Poetry Month. There are approximately 20,000 riders on the R-Line each month. This unusual context for poetry deepens the readers’ experience by making literature part of the everyday world and fostering the opportunity for conversation amongst neighbors.
- You must be a resident of North Carolina.
- Send up to three (3) poems to email@example.com. PUT THE POEMS IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. Attachments will NOT be opened.
- Poems may be no longer than 14 lines.
- Poems must be appropriate for all ages; there can be no reference to drugs, alcohol, etc. All poems have to be approved by the transit authority.
- Poems may be previously published, but please indicate if that is the case.
- There is no payment for the use of these poems (other than visibility to 20,000 riders!); there is also no submission fee.
- Send your poems by Friday, February 28, 2014.